Types of Personal Information we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you.
2.1Information you give us
This includes information you provide when you:
- register to use our Service and create a user profile,
- use our Service,
- visit this Site,
- post to the community forum or on our blog,
- register for webinars, sweepstakes, contests or other events,
- fill in forms or answer surveys or questions on our Site or as part of our Service, or
- correspond with us by email, phone or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, place of employment, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, and such other information as you may give us from time to time. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
You can always choose not to provide your personal information to us, but it may mean that we are unable to provide you with our Service.
2.2Information we receive about you from others
Through your use of our Service, we may also collect information from you about someone else (such as your employer). If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us and that, without us taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, we may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that you must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, Matilda’s identity, and how to communicate with us.
2.3Information we collect about you that is automatically logged
Each time you visit our Site we may collect (automatically or otherwise) the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- information about you which we have derived and/or calculated based on the information with which you have provided us.
2.4Information from social media
Information from your interactions with us on social media and other online platforms and your social media profile where you share this.
Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customisation, among other similar things. If you access through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use.
Sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use Third Parties from Google Analytics and FullStory for website analytics. You may opt-out of Third Party cookies from Google Analytics here and FullStory here. We do not currently recognise or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
2.6Third-Party payment processing
When you purchase a subscription for the Service, we process your payments through Stripe, a Third-Party payment processor. The Third-Party payment processor may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
No credit card information is ever received, retained or exposed in Matilda’s own systems. Also, please do not ever send your credit card information to our team directly, for example by emailing that information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use this information
3.1We will use this information to:
- provide you with our Services and personalise our Site’s content to you,
- verify your identity,
- notify you about changes and additions to our Services,
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
- provide you with information about other services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services similar to those which you have already accessed through the Site or have expressed an interest in. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please tick the relevant box situated in your Notifications settings,
- administer our Site and Services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes,
- help keep our Site safe and secure and prevent fraud or criminal activity and misuse of our products or services,
- communicate with you,
- interact with you on social media sites where you choose to engage with us; and
- create aggregate data which does not identify you to develop and improve our Site and the Services.
Disclosure of your information
4.1We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and with our service providers.
4.2We may share your information:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets,
- if or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a Third Party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets, and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our user terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Secode, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4.3We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. We may share data collected through cookies and similar technology with Third Parties to allow them to advertise or market to you on our website or other sites as you browse the web.
4.4Many of our users have access to our Services provided or funded by their employer or place of work. In this situation, your employer (or such other third party which is giving you access to our Services) will be able to access all of the information you provide to us with the exception of your password.
4.5We may also disclose your personal information if you give us permission to do so.
May aggregate your non-personally identifiable data
5.1By using our Service, you agree that can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data has collected from or about you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual.
5.2We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data for any purpose, including to:
- assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service,
- provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service,
- enhance small business productivity, including by creating useful business insights from that aggregated data and allowing you to benchmark your business’ performance against that aggregated data, and
- otherwise to improve our Services.
6.1The data that we collect from you may be Processed, transferred or stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, Canada, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. It may also be processed by staff operating anywhere in the world who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and other activities which support our Services. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to, you consent to the transfer, storage and Processing of your Personal information in these locations.
8.2By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
9.1This Site and our Services are not intended to be used by children under 13 years of age (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) and children will not be given a profile or password by us. If we learn that we have collected any information (including Personal Information) pertaining to a child under 13 years of age (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
9.2You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking (or un-checking) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email you receive from us.
9.3Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.